There are billions of pages with an enormous amount of content on the web. This makes it harder and harder to come up with new blog topics to attract visitors as well as rank high for search queries.
Before we jump into the actual optimization process, let’s discuss why blogging is essential for SEO. Google states that fresh and original content is one of the top two ranking factors. Blogs help to attract visitors and build brand awareness. Content boosts engagement which helps to decrease bounce rate, and lower bounce rates have a positive effect on SEO. The more content you have, the more keywords you will start to rank for. Blogs support your efforts to rank in SERPs.
Follow the tips below to optimize your blog posts, and you should be able to get people to your website through your blogs.
- Keyword research. It’s a good idea to write blogs that are focused on long-tail keywords. The competition is usually much lower for long-tail keywords.
- Optimize the URL. Even though URLs are not big ranking factors, they are still important. It is important to have 1 or 2 keywords in your URL. Make it short, avoid symbols and numbers.
- Choose an engaging header that includes the keywords you are aiming to rank for. It’s crucial to attract the searchers with a perfect header.
- Optimize your content. Optimize the headers (H1, H2, H3, etc.). Include your keywords in a natural way.
- Have images and/or videos. Make sure your images and videos are optimized. Use alt tags with clear, concise descriptions.
- Optimize the meta tags (title, description). A nicely optimized title tag is not only a big ranking factor but also plays a big role in your click-through rate. Engaging and compelling titles attract visitors, increase the click-through rate percentage, which helps to increase rankings.
- Create internal links. Place links in your blog posts and pages that link to other relevant pages/posts on your site. Not only does this keep visitors on your site longer, but it will also help Google find your other relevant content. Make your anchor texts relevant to the blog page.
- Share your posts on social networks. It helps to get referral traffic and if the post is special, it can go viral through social media channels.
Solstice Digital Agency helps businesses rank higher in search engines by optimizing content on their websites. Contact us today to have a free SEO audit for your website.