Computers have only been around for the past couple of decades. However, in that time, they have evolved at a rapid pace. The Internet didn’t go mainstream until the early 1990s. That also has evolved at a rapid pace. Facebook was created in 2004. Twitter was created in 2006. Instagram was created in 2010. Collectively together, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram hold about 50% of the social media market share in 2016.
It is evident that today, for many companies, social media plays a large role in their digital marketing strategy. It is unusual to go to a webpage and not to see the “share” button on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or numerous other platforms. There are countless reasons why social media is so important for your company and how it can help your company grow. Here are just a few:
- Increased brand recognition. Whether you are a clothing brand or a software company or even a law firm, brand recognition is essential. Every opportunity you have to connect with people is valuable. Using social media allows you to connect to the customers and increase your brand awareness as well as your online presence. It permits your brand to be more accessible to potential customers.
- Increased online traffic. You can increase the online traffic to your website through platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Linking your website to your social media profiles and vice versa can create more paths for people to visit your page.
- Cost-effective marketing channel. Social media is a cost-effective marketing channel that can give your business the most bang for your buck. Depending on your budget and goals, social media allows you to be very flexible. By spending just an hour or two a day focusing on your social media content, you can expand your business and market share.
- Better search engine rankings. By having well-developed social media platforms and paths that always link back to your website, you can increase your SEO ranking. SEO is the method of using strategies and techniques to increase the amount of visitors to a website by obtaining a high-ranking placement in search results of a search engine like Google or Yahoo. Having a higher SEO rank helps to increase the number of existing and potential customers for your business.
- Improved customer connection. Having a connection between the brand and the customer is vital. People like that they matter to your business and that their voices are heard. For example, if a customer complains about a product on Twitter, it allows you to quickly apologize and help fix the problem. Or if it’s on the other end of the spectrum, it allows you to thank them for the loyalty.
In a nutshell, social media is extremely essential for businesses of all different sizes and types whether it is B2B or B2C. By keeping up social media platforms on your website, you not only can expand your business but also your market share. At Solstice Digital, we enjoy working with our clients to help them to design effective social media strategies that make sense. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.