Email marketing is one of the most reliable sources of digital marketing and is a vital component for any business. Email newsletters are a great way to maintain strong relationships with your customers. Creating newsletters that people actually read can be challenging. We’ve put together some tips to help you craft engaging email newsletters for your business.
- A short and catchy subject line is key. The first thing that readers see is the subject line. If it does not grab their attention, they will not even bother to open the email. In fact, 33% of email recipients decide if they are going to open an email based on the subject line alone.
- Incentives are another great way to entice your audience to read the email. Show your appreciation for your current subscribers by rewarding them every once in a while. It does not have to be a large giveaway, even a shoutout in an upcoming newsletter or on social media will suffice. These types of actions will ensure that your current subscribers stick around, and if they enjoy the incentive, they may even recommend new subscribers.
- Quality is a very important part of a successful newsletter. If there are errors, the audience is not going to take the email seriously and it will likely go unread. Take the time to proofread and check for grammatical errors. It also never hurts to have a second set of eyes proofread the email too.
- Short and concise emails are key. The average person spends 51 seconds reading a newsletter. This is a very short amount of time to include all of the information needed, so it is important that the email is direct and easy to read. One way to do this is to include bullets, highlights, and bold words. If the email is structured in long paragraphs, it is likely that the reader will delete it at first glance. If you craft your emails in a direct manner you will greatly increase the likelihood that people will read them.
- Lastly, it is important to be reliable and consistent. It is a smart idea to send the emails on a schedule so subscribers become trained to expect the emails at a certain time. This will create anticipation and eagerness from the audience because they will be waiting for the email on a set date and time.
Solstice Digital Agency is skilled at crafting engaging email newsletters. Contact us today to develop an effective email marketing strategy for your business.